Friday 28 August 2020

Heartfelt Creations August Alumni Blog Hop




Hi everyone and welcome to the August Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop!  Please follow the hop and leave as many comments as possible as one comment will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations! The blog hop closes on Monday 31st Of August at 11.55pm EST and the winner will be announced on the HC Facebook page at noon on Wednesday 2nd Of September.  A randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will receive a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations.  To claim your prize please email Heartfelt Creations at socialmedia@heartfeltcreations.us with "Winner of the August Alumni Hop" in the subject line.






From myself this month I needed a quick card.  I also wanted to use some watercolour card and new inks that I had bought - this is the result! I have used the Classic Sunflower Stamp as a background, heat embossed with gold powder and then created a water colour effect using 3 shades of blue inks.  Completed with 2 sentiment tags and some coloured twine to match.




19 comments:

Janet S said...

I love your card! Thanks for sharing💕

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Oh my goodness, Oksana! I love this beautiful card! The gold stamping is sooo elegant! YOu really know how to create a clean and simple card that packs a huge visual punch. Gorgeous! Thank you so much for hopping with us this month! I appreciate you!

Sharon said...

WOW! So elegant, and the color choices are awesome.

Carole Wright said...

Hi this is stunning, love the simplicity and colours, wow x

Martie Rollin said...

Very unusual to see a card like this coming from anyone connected to HC...no dimensional flowers, yet such a dramatic use of a beautiful stamp. Lovely ink blending...very popular right now. Perfect choice for heat embossing...gold does make a statement! Well done!

Lorna said...

Gorgeous Oksana. Love the gold embossing.

Nanny's Pansy Patch said...

What a great card! I love the colors! Thanks for sharing!

Esther Asbury said...

Oh wow!! This is so elegant and classy! I love the gold embossing over that beautiful background!! (I think this is my favorite from the entire hop!)

Helen said...

The colors you've combined with the gold embossed sunflowers results in a truly beautiful card, Oksana. You've inspired me to pull out my sunflower collection and create something like this today! tfs-stay well.

PattyNW said...

Love the embossing with gold and the color combination—I’m inspired by your card. Thank you for posting!

cindy p said...

Another great idea to use with the Sunflower Collection. Your card is beautiful, and I love the gold embossing along with the blue colors. Thanks for the inspiration.

Brenda said...

Your card is very pretty, loving how the gold embossed sunflowers stand out over the blue water colors inks.

Sue D said...

Very pretty with the shades of blue and the embossing.

Theresa99 said...

I have no idea how you could say this card is simple!!! I am not sure I could recreate it! It is beautiful. It is nice to see blue used instead of traditional pink/coral/red used all the time!!

cghundley said...

Fabulous inking and
love the gold.
Carla from Utah

MaryH said...

This charming card’s simple elegance and sophistication with the touch of gold and coloring is so delightful! Beautiful background for those gold flowers. Wow, this clean and simple design idea is a refreshing use of the HC products to stamp the design on the card base. (Right now I am slapping my forehead.) With HC products I know it is silly and certainly missed opportunities; but, I just always think of stamping, cutting, shaping and, voila, there you have a flower. Thanks for reminding me I can use HC stamps like any other stamp. Come to think of it; I don’t remember previously seeing any card with the HC flower stamps used in this way. Thanks for the nudge back to reality and such an eye-catching card!!!!

Jo Williams said...

Beautiful card. The colors are stunning.

Denise Bryant said...

Awesome card! I love the gold embossed design and the beautiful ink colors you used! I'll be checking out that classic sunflower stamp set!

Darlene C. said...

So different than the usual Heartfelt cards but I love it. We all need that simpler card which still looks pretty. Thanks for sharing.