Wednesday 6 March 2013

Enjoy Your Day

Good Morning All! I have made a simple card today involving stamping and making my own background, all with 2 distress ink colours.  At a recent craft show, I saw a demo on how to create a background using distress inks and some water, this is what I created.  The inks are applied to a clear acrylic block, then sprayed with water, then a piece of card layered over the top.  This transfers the ink, to create a lovely background.  When dry, I stamped the images over the top and layered it onto some back card. I used my swiss dots embossing folder for the background  and added a sentiment to complete.

 I would like to enter my card into the following challenges:


8 comments:

Crafty Lark said...

Gorgeous colours and effect. Very enjoyable to look at. xx Flora

Christine Harrop said...

Very clever technique Oksana. The colours are great. Christine x

Chris said...

This is a very striking card! The simple design showcases the beautiful stamping and inking! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Carole Z said...

Hi Oksana, this is beautiful, I love the colours! This is a great technique, which I haven't used in ages..so thanks for reminding me about it! I saw Ali Reeve demo it a while ago, was inspired to try it, loved it then didn't do it again :) Carole Z X

Pamela said...

Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' with your beautiful card. Love it.

Pam x

Unknown said...

Hi Oksana, really love the vibrant colours you've chosen for your card, set against the black & white it's very striking. Great technique, must give it a go myself.
Amy x

Jenny said...

What a great look! Thanks so much for joining in with our 'Embossing' challenge at Sweet Stampin'.

Patricia said...

What a great card, love the look have have achieved

Patricia xx