Friday 25 June 2021

Heartfelt Creations June Blog Hop








Hi everyone and welcome to the June Heartfelt Creations Alumni Blog Hop!  Please follow the hop and leave as many comments as possible as one comment will be chosen at random to receive a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations! The blog hop closes on Monday 28th Of June at 11.55pm EST and the winner will be announced on the HC Facebook page at noon on Wednesday 30th Of June.  A randomly chosen comment from a mystery blog will receive a $25 gift certificate to shop at Heartfelt Creations.  To claim your prize please email Heartfelt Creations at socialmedia@heartfeltcreations.us with "Winner of the June Alumni Hop" in the subject line.











This month, I have made a simple and a little rustic looking card.  Using the beautiful Wild Rose Paper Collection, I die cut lots of the paper strips using the sentiment die and have paper pieced them together onto a piece of card to create a background, including a sentiment centrally.  Then simply added the natural twine, two small wild rose flowers along with some leaves and a flourish to complete.




Participating designers:



Good Luck Everyone and thank you for visiting me today,
Oksana

22 comments:

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

I just love the technique you have used here, Oksana! What a clever way to create a custom card background. And your sweet little posies are the perfect embellishment. Thank you so much for hopping with us this month, my friend! xo

runzalot81 said...

What a creative use of scraps! I love your flower shaping skills.

Lorna said...

Neat card Oksana.

MaryH said...

Design is simple, natural, and has a folksy, down-to-earth feel about it, which reminds me of quilts. When I first saw this, I thought, “well, ok, that’s nice”. Then I saw the magic! It just exudes unpretentious folksy, organic homespun warmth which invites you to see what is inside. Love this simplistic down-to-earth design.

Terry Law said...

What a great card Oksana! I love how you have pieced together all these fabulous papers and made it to look like a quilt! I will definitely be trying this one too! Thank you for the inspiration!

Jacquelene Langeman said...

Thank you for sharing this inspiring card! This is an excellant way to use scraps! I will be experimenting with this technique in a future card also on an art journal page! Your flowers are very beautiful

Martie Rollin said...

I LOVE the look of patchwork backgrounds on cards!! It's such a pretty way to use up scraps. Beautiful card!!

Linda Eaton said...

Very beautiful. Your colors and the arrangement of your pieces are perfect.
Love it!! Thank you!

Judy3118 said...

What a neat way to use some of our scraps. I like the coloring of your flower as well.

Jo Williams said...

What a great idea. It so clean an simple. I gonna have to give this one a try. It's a perfect card.

Helen said...

Oksana, I like the way you've used the paper strip design as a setting for the little cluster of flowers. There is something so refreshing in the simplicity of your design. Great card. tfs-stay well.

Lori said...

What a wonderful way to make a background! I love your colors too! And an excellent way to use up those paper scraps that I can’t bring myself to toss! Awesome!!

Tina Large said...

I love your card!

Jan's Paper Flowers said...

Wow, what a beautiful and clever work of art Oksana! Love it!

Mommela said...

Oh wow! This is just lovely! Now I want to go back and retrieve every little scrap of printed paper I've ever thrown away. So clever and beautiful.

Mommela said...

A beautiful use of scrap paper. Just fabulous, and I wish I'd thought of it before throwing away scraps in the past.

Berina RGA said...

Oksana, this is genius!! Love how you've used the strips. Very pretty.

sarascloset said...

This is a beautiful way to customize a background--how clever and well done! And your flowers are the icing on the cake--just gorgeous!

ScrapperJanice said...

Love this! Some people (especially men) might prefer a less embellished card - but one that is still wonderful looking. Great way to use up the scraps from the cards that have all the flowers and such, and have cards for anyone's taste!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Very pretty and a great way to use up some scrap paper!

Nikki Rogers said...

I adore your card! The simplicity and the colors are perfect!

Sandra said...

I really like the simplicity of this card. The useage of the small rectangles is a great way to use up your scraps.

Sandra Smith
Queen Creek